Ajeet Dhingra, MD
Ajeet Dhingra, M.D. was born and raised in Midland, Michigan. He completed his undergraduate training in Chemical Engineering from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He then went on to complete his Medical School training in 1999 also from the University of Michigan.
After medical school, he did a transitional year of training in medicine and surgery at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois a part of the University of Chicago. From here,Dr. Dhingra went to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland OH for his Ophthalmology Residency. Here Dr. Dhingra was involved in numerous research projects, surgical training and teaching his junior residents. Dr. Dhingra presented his research at the Academy of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology conference in 2001.
Dr. Dhingra finished his residency in 2003 and has been working at EPS since September of 2003 as a comprehensive ophthalmologist. He is also involved in numerous clinical research trials.
Dr. Dhingra and his wife have three children. Dr, Dhingra enjoys traveling, playing golf, gourmet cooking and spending time with his family.
Education & Training
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1995
- M.D., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1999
- Internship, University of Chicago-Weiss Memorial, Chicago, IL, 1999-2000
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2000-2003
- Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology, 2005 www.abop.org
Honors & Awards
- Medical School Scholarship: Towsley Foundation Award 1996, 1997, 1998
- Summa Cum Laude 1995
- Undergraduate Class Honors 1993, 1994, 1995
- Third Place 1994 American Institute of Chemical Engineers North Central Region Conference research presentation contest
- Undergraduate College of Engineering Deanís List 1991-1995
- MSPE Dow Corning Undergraduate Academic Achievement Scholarship 1991-1995
Medical Society Membership
- American Academy of Ophthalmology www.aao.org
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery www.ascrs.org
- Medical Association of Georgia www.mag.org
- Georgia Society of Ophthalmology